Whether you’re just starting out or you have many years of experience it’s likely that you find interviews to be nerve racking. The good news is it’s the same for everyone and there are things you can do to prepare yourself…
So, here are my top 5 tips for your next interview:
- Do your research – The internet is a wonderful tool so use it find out about the company so you can talk about it.
- Sell yourself – Even if you are not asked about all your experience or accomplishments – if you feel they are relevant talk about them.
- Questions – Have some questions prepared beforehand. It shows that you are interested in the role and the business.
- Don’t rush – Take your time to answer questions and if they are unclear ask for clarification.
- Silence is Golden – Don’t feel pressured by silences – think carefully about your answers so that you can give a succinct and thoughtful reply each time.